Thursday, December 6, 2012

project three

This was my poster for project three. My original idea was to do a poster for the American Diabetes Association; this was going to involve the silhouette of a hand with a blood drop coming out of a finger with facts inside the blood drop. I felt that a lot of people were doing posters on different kinds of illnesses and such so I decided to do something that was not quite like anyone else’s.  I chose to do a pro smoking marijuana poster with a link leading to facts and statistics about it; I figured with the amendment in Colorado and Washington being passed recently it was good timing. I used the silhouette of a girl smoking a bowl with the common red, green, and yellow Rastafarian color background along with the saying “who says I can’t get stoned”.

Each project we do I fall in love with the creative process of it. Once again having the creative freedom to do what I want and have it represent someone that I believe in makes it that much better. My design for this came to me when I was taking a nap actually and made it that much more clear that I should do this when I was smoking with my roommates (real fact, had to put it). I have had my head wrapped around these projects pretty well; it’s a good feeling that you can do something on your own with little to now help.  It’s a powerful feeling to do something you are learning to love more and more every day.
Everything that I put together almost happened by chance; from the text and font type, to placement and everything else (sometimes just playing around with different things something beautiful comes out of it) I feel that if someone was walking by my poster they would definitely stop to look at it.

I feel that the words are really powerful and to the point; “who says I can’t get stoned?” its direct and sticks and makes you want to think about it, like “psh yea who says I can’t!”

No comments:

Post a Comment