Thursday, December 6, 2012

mmm project two


For project number two I really enjoyed working on it and having freedom in what I want my topic to be. We were told to write something and find pictures that related or make our own. I am not one for writing down my ideas and the same went with this project, I just let things happen. I knew when I started I wanted to both draw something and use my own pictures. I wanted to do more of an abstract feel with using a minimal amount of words and pictures to paint the picture; everything from then on came together on its own.  I used the chorus from the Kendrick Lamar song “swimming pools” and created my own designs using indesign to represent the words; then I took pictures of myself and what a weekend with me would look like which consisted of working and parting, and the words I used on someone of those pictures were words that related to drinking.

I feel that I did a really well. Obviously there is always new things to learn and what not but I feel that I delivered exactly what was due. I could of probably worked on the lettering more in the text and such but all the pictures and the design work I did I feel came out great and I expressed exactly what I was looking to do. In the end I love what I did and love what I came up with, and it was fun to do. Day by day I learn more about what I am capable and finding a bigger love in being hands on and creating things.

No comments:

Post a Comment